(originally called Smith Street Cemetery)
- founded in 1862
- 2.2 acres
- the only cemetery in the Hamtramck City Limits
- on the grounds of the GM Cadillac Plant
- visitation with permission only.
- owned by Congregation Shaary Zedek
- oldest tombstone dates to 1876
- over 1100 graves are located here
- cemetery itself has not been in use since the 1930's
- Call Clover Hill Cemetery
248-549-3411 for burial records.
- Jewish Genweb
- Article from the Hamtramck
Photo from : West of Warsaw by Frank
Serafino pg.200 1983