keyworth.jpg (41054 bytes)

Keyworth Stadium 1971  St. Ladislaus vs. St. Hedwig--Photo from the 1971 St. Ladislaus Yearbook

Keyworth Stadium

on Gallagher Street

The stadium was named for Dr. Maurice R. Keyworth, who became Superintendent of Schools in 1923. He regarded reading, writing, spelling, language and arithmetic as the tools with which the pupil must first be equipped,   next physical and mental development, ethical training was stressed, to instil a desire for self-improvement and the impulse to serve others. Known as the Hamtramck Public School Code, the plan was so successful it was copied by six American and two Russian universities, as well as by many teachers' colleges; and used by countless educators in individual departments in many kinds of schools.


Copyright   by [MI GenWeb]. All rights reserved.
home.gif (1265 bytes)

 

click.gif (10813 bytes)