Hamtramck, Michigan 48212
Kosciuszko School was named after Thaddeus Kosciuszko, 1797-1817. He was a Polish-born Revolutionary War hero.
Elementary schools in old Hamtramck were:
Pulaski Elementary (Whitney) -- demolished, at Lumpkin and Edwin Street, now Pulaski Park.
Pilsudski Elementary (Playfair)-- demolished in 1970
Holbrook Elementary-- between Alice and Grayling on the city's South End.
Dickinson Elementary -- on Edwin east of Gallagher
|Copyright © by [MI GenWeb]. All rights reserved.